Study in Ireland
The Republic of Ireland is one of the few countries that has always conserved it gamut of grasslands and greenery. However, the garments of greenery are not the only things Ireland has preserved over the years. It has also preserved and enrichened a unique education system. The system is pioneered by 10 universities; one among them is over 500 years old. Ireland is a happening destination for Indian students. To study in Ireland and graduate from a 1-year Masters is a dream for many as it shoves several benefits into your professional career.
Why Should You Study in Ireland
There are currently over 35k international students from 161 countries studying in Ireland availing of the wider range of courses available and enjoying Ireland’s vibrant culture. According to education.ie, Indian students majorly choose to pursue an MS in computer science, data analytics, finance and MBA in Ireland.
Most (80%) graduates get employed between 3-6 months if they graduate from an Irish university. For instance, the University of Limerick has built ties with 1700 companies in Ireland. This greatly improves the chances of young graduates securing a job in Ireland.
Think about it for a minute. In case you are disillusioned about working in Ireland, you can take after the graduates who have secured jobs in the Netherlands, Sweden, UK, Germany, Prague after studying in Ireland.
The Irish universities have dedicated international office, student service & student’s union to provide for your needs. Also, to study in Ireland is also exposing yourself to a collection of clubs and societies, apart from attending lectures, workshops and completing assignments.
Also, Ireland is famous for hosting the world’s top multinational companies. Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Apple, Intel, Dell, HP, Genzyme, and EA Games, have their European HQs in Dublin. More conglomerates mean only one thing. More jobs up for grabs.
Video Source: Education Ireland
Where Can I Study in Ireland?
There are 3 destinations to study in Ireland – universities, institutes of technology and independent colleges.
There are 11 public universities and 4 institutes of technology and several independent colleges in Ireland. Together they offer a panoply of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Ireland.
The top 9 universities in Ireland are ranked among the top 3% of institutions worldwide. All of them boast high research outputs, which manifest the amount of appreciation Irish universities show for critical thinking, collaborative work, research interest, .
Top 11 universities in Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- University College Cork
- Maynooth University
- University of Limerick
- Technological University Dublin
- Munster Technological University
- Technological University of the Shannon (Athlone – AIT)
- Technological University of the Shannon (Limerick – LIT)
- Atlantic Technological University (LYIT)
- Atlantic Technological University (IT Sligo)
- Atlantic Technological University (GMIT)
Cheaper places to study a Masters in Ireland
There are 4 Institution of Technologies, and they offer the wide range of degree programmes in areas like business, engineering, design and science.
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Institute of Art, Design and Technology
The Private Independent Colleges in Ireland offer certified degrees and vocational programmes in the field like art & design, IT, business studies and law.
- National College of Ireland
- Dublin Business School
- Griffith College Dublin
- IBAT College Dublin
What Can I Study in Ireland?
Many Indian students compete for a spot in postgraduate programs to study in Ireland.
Often they are embroiled in an never ending battle in choosing the right course in the right university.
So, we ensure the students get admission in the university & course of their choice and according to their academic profile & financial capability.
Based on the job opportunities in 2016, leading Irish newspaper Irish Times, has listed out the top master degrees in Ireland:
- Human Resources Management
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Business Analytics
- Master in Business Administration
We have a separate blog post on the cost of studying in Ireland as the cost varies considerably depending on the institution and program you study. Tuition fees do not remain fixed. So it is important to verify with the institution(s) you are applying to.
Tuition fee for international (non-european) students for a MSc program at higher education institutions are as follows:
- Arts and humanities: €10,500 – €20,000
- Business: €10,500 – €30,000
- Engineering: €10,500 – €19,500
- Medicine: €12,000 – €52,000
- Sciences: €10,500 – €18,000
Important highlights & Facts about Ireland:
Video Source: Education Ireland
- Ireland has 9 of the top ten global ICT companies.
- Ireland has 8 of the top ten gaming companies
- Ireland has 8 of the top ten global pharmaceutical companies
- Ireland has 6 of the top seven diagnostics companies
- Ireland has 15 of the top 20 medical devices companies
- Ireland has 50% of the world’s leading financial services firms, and five of the top 10 companies on Forbes’ list of The World’s Most Innovative companies; have Irish operations.
- Ireland offers over 5000 internationally recognized qualifications.
- Ireland provides Career opportunities with leading global companies located in Ireland
- Irish education system provides 2 years’ of Graduate work permit after study in Ireland.
- Students allowed to work part-time for 20 hours & 40 hours during summer per week while studying.
- Irish universities are in the top 1% of the research institute in the world in terms of research impact in 19 fields.
- Ireland is among Euro’s most entrepreneurial nation.
- It is the only English speaking country in the Eurozone.
- Ireland is Extremely friendly and safe.
How Can Sarem Education Help You ?
As a study in Ireland consultants, we offer honest reliable information to push students towards their Masters dreams.
We offer the following services to pursue Masters in Ireland for Indian students:
- 100% Visa Approval Service
- Free unlimited consultation
- Assistance with part-time jobs
- Assistance with accommodation
- Assistance with scholarships
- Free assistance with SOPs and LORs
Get In Touch
Leave a comment below and founder, Sarah Ingrid, will respond.