Top Universities & Cheaper Colleges in Ireland |
Where to Study in Ireland in 2021
What to expect from this page?
- 13 Authoritative Stats About Irish Education and Universities in Ireland For MS
- Top Universities in Ireland for a Masters
- Exciting Facts ( & Secrets) About Universities
- Top Courses in Every University
- The Cheap & Best Colleges In Ireland
- List of all Universities in New Zealand.
Students wishing to pursue a Masters in one of the top universities in Ireland aren’t having simply pipe dreams. They can fully easily realise it.
Indian students have 3 options to study in Ireland :
- Study in the 9 universities in Ireland
- Pursue a masters taking the cheaper route to top, modern and futuristic colleges in Ireland
- Plying your skills and perseverance in Institute of Technologies
In this informational guide, we tour the best places to study in Ireland.
Before that let us first establish Ireland’s avant-garde credentials in education.
13 Authoritative Stats About Irish Education and Universities in Ireland For MS
Do you think Ireland is equipped with the best facilities to manage your talent? Can the top universities In Ireland for MS support your aspirations for a better quality of life? Is Ireland’s economy, infrastructure and education system good enough? Decide for yourself.
Here are 13 impressive reasons to study in Irish universities:
- US News and World Report ranks Ireland as the 21st best country in the world.
- Ireland ranks 2nd in the world for quality of life.
- According to IMD World Competitiveness reports, Ireland’s education system ranks in the top 20 in Europe.
- The Sustainable Progress Index ranks Ireland 7th in Europe on social development, based on the impact of the country’s education system.
- Despite a 500 million withdrawal in funding, ⅚ Irish universities have burgeoned their way up the QS rankings. Source: (QS Rankings)
- Ireland’s 2nd and 3rd level graduates have put Ireland 14th in labour force quality.
- Ireland is No.1.in the number of young people with high-level education. (Source: OECD)
- Ireland ranks 5th for startup environments, 3rd in Europe.
- The U21 Report for European Universities ranks Ireland: 10th in quality of Masters graduates in the workforce, 6th for the rapport between universities and the industry, 14th in collaborative research.
- SFI ranks Ireland No.1 worldwide for immunology studies and 2nd for agricultural sciences.
- Trinity Business School ranks 38th in the world.
- University College Dublin ranks 75th in the world for employability.
- Concerning cities, Dublin ranks 3rd in Europe for FDI performance, Cork ranked 5th economic potential and Galway was reported to be the 9th best in Europe for innovation and attractiveness. (Source: Silicon Republic)
- Ireland is the 8th largest exporter of financial services. More than 1% of Ireland’s population is employed in the Finance industry.
You can also read about the 15 benefits of studying in Ireland.
Top Universities In Ireland For MS
We have clearly established the Emerald Isle’s credentials as a top player in education.
Now let us move onto understanding what studying here looks like.
Here is a list of top universities in Ireland for MS:
- Trinity College Dublin
- University Colleg Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Dublin City University
- University College Cork
- University of Limerick
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University Munster
Trinity College Dublin: The #1 University In Ireland for MS
Trinity College Dublin has an acceptance rate of a competitive 34%. This is how it upholds its reputation as one of the best colleges in the world ranking at 101.
TCD is also a cultural, tourist and archaic allegory to Ireland; the living standards, education system and research venture. Established in 1592, the historic marvel houses close to 20,000 students. The university was modelled after Oxford and Cambridge universities.
Buildings within the TCD have an archaic Gothic architecture. The open campus sprawls over a humongous 222,000 m2. The campus is an amalgamation of ancient buildings and state of the art technology. Hence, this shall satisfy your inner ego for an abroad study experience.
Positioned as the top university in Ireland for MS, Trinity College Dublin has a robust vision for research that results in high research output. Its EMBA ranks no.1 for gender balance.
Particularly, the university has a famed personal tutor system. Each student is assigned a tutor. Such partnerships help students seamlessly manage academic and personal responsibilities.
- Trinity College Dublin was initially started to compete against the UK’s research-intensive institutes of Cambridge and Oxford.
- Trinity Business School is ranked 35th in the world.
- Famous alumni include Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, Mairead Maguire, a recipient of Nobel Peace Prize, Sam Beckett, Nobel Prize for Literature, Jonathan Swift, Oscar Wilde.
- Trinity College Dublin ranks in the top 100 in the world for its computer science MS degrees.
- It is the home to the famous Book of Kells.
University College Dublin
Myth: the USA is the only place good enough to pursue business studies.
Reality: The Emerald Isle houses a techno-managerial powerhouse; University College Dublin.
Often, it competes to knock off TCD from the “best university in Ireland for MS” spot. The university plays school to 34,00 odd students with an acceptance rate of 20%-30%. The campus sprawls over 4km and lies south to the city.
With prestigious courses such as the MSc in Business Analytics (ranks 13th in the world) do you still want to look beyond the Atlantic to pursue a business or technical degree?
According to US News and World Reports, UCD is ranked No.1 in Ireland for 2020. In 2019 alone, UCD ranked in the top 50 for 6 subjects; Veterinary Science (26), Library & Management (38), Nursing (44), Literature (49), Sports-related (50), Engineering (50).
14 subjects ranked in the top 100 and 35 in the top 200.
UCD’s Smurfit Business School, the business wing of UCD, is the top business school in Ireland. It ranks 23rd in Europe and 47th in the world. The business school stamps its authority as one of the top universities in Ireland for the following accolades:
- MS International Management (8th in the world)
- MSc Supply Chain Management (10th in the world)
- MS in Marketing (22nd in the world)
- MSc Finance (41st in the world)
- There are two campuses- at Belfield and Blackrock. Unless you do a course that is offered by Smurfit Business School, you need not worry about the Blackrock campus.
- Secret lakes are hiding behind buildings and secret tunnels hiding underneath within the campus.
- Apparently, legend has it that these lakes were made to put out fires if any flare-up.
- The campus accentuates a great social life by housing The Forum bar.
National University of Ireland, Galway
Hey boys! Care to date a Galway girl?
The lone wise wolf of Ireland’s West. Since its founding in 1865, NUIG is one of the top universities in Ireland with over 19,000 students including 3300 international students from over 120 countries. In 2020, NUIG rose 21 places and is now part of the top 1% universities in the world.
NUIG usually ranks 3rd in the list of top universities in Ireland; overall it ranks 238 worldwide.
- In 2020, Galway was voted to be the no.1 friendliest place in the world.
- NUIG ranks 10th in the world for meeting its climate goals set by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal.
- It has a yellow plaza in its campus called the Big Yellow Thing; the reason behind its existence and name remains unknown
- There is a bar inside the campus called the Sult.
University College Cork
Popularly known as the second capital of Ireland, Cork is a city of opportunities. The city was rated the 3rd friendliest in the world in 2018. In terms of economic potential, Cork ranks a menacing 2 in Europe. Moreover, Eater.com featured Cork as one of the most dynamic food cities in the world.
Apart from offering a quirky yet fulfilling lifestyle, Cork exhibits its erudite alter ego through the elite University College Cork. One of the top universities in Ireland, UCC consistently ranks around the 250-mark. UCC holds the record of being the world’s first university to be awarded the International Green Flag for environmental sustainability in 2010.
Top MS courses in this university and their rankings are::
- Nursing ( 51-100)
- Literature, Pharmacy, Pharmacology (100-150)
- Archaeology (151-200)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (201-250)
- Engineering and Technology (260)
- Business and Management (301-350)
- During Covid, the staff hosted 600 meetings and 3000 subject modules despite the lockdown.
- Based on research areas, UCC is ranked 5th in meeting the UN’s “No poverty goal”.
Dublin City University
Ireland’s young Turk of a study destination. Dublin City University is just 40 years old and plays university for 20000 students. 20% of this population is international. In 2020, Sunday Times conferred the title “University of the Year” for the university’s role in championing social mobility.
The university ranks #1 in Ireland and #19 in the world for graduate employability. In fact, it is one of the top universities in Ireland to hold a placement record of over 90%. Moreover, the university also ranks 46th in the Top 50 under 50 QS rankings.
The state of the art university has 5 awesome campuses sprawled across Glasnevin and Drumcondra. The campus has its own array of restaurants, pubs and cafes. There is also an Inter-Faith Centre to spend your spiritual self and practice your obeisance.
The campus ranks 12th in the world for sustainability. Additionally, the campus supports over 40 sports clubs and a star-spangled gym and swimming pool facility.
Don’t you already feel like this is a great university in Ireland for MS?
Top MS courses in this university and their rankings are:
- Communication and media studies (151-200)
- Business and Management Studies (201-250)
- Computer and Information Systems (251-300)
- Accounting and Finance (251-300)
- Engineering and Technology (401-450)
- The university accommodates a bar called NuBars. PS: Goujons and chips are all-time favourites here.
- It is one of the best universities in Ireland to pursue a computer science MS. Its CS courses are ranked in the top 300 globally.
- There are over 120 clubs and societies are present in this top university in Ireland.
- The university is known for favouring a diverse classroom across all social and educational walks of life.
- Do you know DCU has its own Quidditch team? The university supports a strong Potterhead community.
Speaking of Harry Potter, here is a top Irish university where buildings resemble Hogwarts. The National University of Ireland, Maynooth is located 25 km outside Dublin. Although the university looks ancient, it is only 23 years old.
In 2019, the university featured in the top 50 universities under 50 list alongside DCU. Since its inception, the university has grown to a 13,000 student population earning the accolade of being the fastest growing university in Ireland. In 2019, Maynooth University was the first preference for over 4000 Irish students.
A unique course offered by this university is its unique 2-year computer science Masters. It is one of the few universities in Ireland to offer MS in Computer Science with an internship component.
Maynooth lacks busy streets like Dublin and the likes of the thoroughfares of Temple Bar. However, the vintage village has all the junk food chains to tune out of the lectures midday. Particularly, Maynooth Castle is a sight to behold!
So if you are thinking if Maynooth university good enough, then know this:
- The top university is most beautiful when it snows.
- In 2013, the university was voted Ireland’s friendliest university for MS students.
- Over 90% of the students are Irish. Hence, you’ll grab a big bite of foreign exposure in this for which you left India.
- Adding to the mystic campus, Maynooth also hosts students studying theology.
- The university has a football tournament, Robocup, just for robots.
University of Limerick
Did you know that there are 11 places in the world named Limerick? But one place stands out. One place is in the top 10 list of cities for single people to date.
Moreover, only these houses a beautiful learning destination. A top university in Ireland for MS. A university that ranks #511 globally. A university called the University of Limerick.
So why is the University of Limerick a top university in Ireland for MS? This is why:
- The university has consistently ranked among the top 50 under 50.
- UL has one of the most environmentally friendly campuses.
- It ranks between #210-#250 graduate employability and ranks 3rd in Europe for Career Preparation. Unsurprisingly, UL has the largest work placement program in collaboration with over 1700 employers. As an Indian student, what more do you need from a top university in Ireland for MS?
- Kemmy Business School, UL’s business wing, ranks among the top 2% of business schools worldwide.
- It is also rated as the 2nd friendliest university by international students.
Top MS courses in UL and their rankings
- Sports-related subjects (51-100)
- Computer Science and Information (301-350)
- Business studies (301-350)
- Engineering and Technology (386)
Currently, there are 16,000 students including 5000 international students studying at this top university in Ireland. The campus spreads over a massive yet enchanting 367-campus on the banks of the Shannon river. Ul is the only university in Ireland that has an Olympic standard sports campus.
Particularly, Limerick is turning out to be one of the best destinations to pursue a Masters owing to the fast-growing nature of the city. The county is home to one of the youngest populations in Europe with over 50% of the people under 35. Limerick bagged the prestige as the European City of the Future in 2018 endowed by the Financial Times.
- The University of Limerick is touted as the home of the firsts; First for sport, first for Co-op programs, first for graduate employment etc.
- UL has built 6 student villages with over 2500 rooms.
- Libraries are extremely important while pursuing an MS degree at a top university in Ireland. UL has the most digitally advanced library in the world.
- UL has won the Best Student Campus Award two times in a row for 2019-2020.
Technological University Dublin
TUD is Ireland’s recent addition to its list of top universities. Indian students looking to pursue MS can vie for this university owing to the technological focus. It is the first and top technological university in Ireland.
TUD was established in 2019 after the amalgamation of 3 top institutes technology in Ireland. Namely, they are Dublin Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown and Institute of Technology, Tallaght. The university is now ranked among the top 8 universities in Ireland for MS and ranks between #801-1000.
The top courses in this university for MS and their ranks are:
- Engineering- Electrical and Electronic (351-400)
- Business & Management Studies (401-450)
- Engineering & Technology (451-500)
- Mechanically related courses (451-500)
Over 14,000 students study at TUD with 25% of the population comprising international students.
- TUD’s origin goes back to 1887.
- The ultra-modern 73-acre Grangegorman campus is one of the most awaited developments happening in Dublin.
Best Colleges In Ireland: Your Cheaper Options to Pursue An MS in Ireland
Dublin Business School
Dublin Business School is one of Ireland’s best independent colleges. It is the largest college in Ireland with respect to student numbers. The business school has 4 campuses scattered across the city centre. Its location exhorts you to absorb the city exposure the cosmopolitan city of Dublin puts in the offing.
The college is primarily a business school with Ms degrees in various business subjects such as Finance, Accountancy, Marketing Business Analytics etc.
The college is popular for its lower barriers of entry to MBA programs. Students with degrees in a cognate discipline can apply for an MBA. The college does not expect its candidates to have work experience. In this way, the college has positioned itself as an escape route for freshers who wish to pursue an MBA in Ireland.
National College of Ireland
The National College of Ireland – popularly known as NCI – is partly state-funded college in Ireland. The college has a great reputation for being one of the best institutions for career development.
Moreover, the college uses its industry connections and invites working professionals with a PhD to teach its students. Unlike universities where students are taught through the lens of academia and cutting edge research, graduates from NCI pass with an exposure that results from blending both academic insights and advancements in the industry.
One of NCI’s distinguished courses is its MSc in Cybersecurity. This one of a kind course is the only cybersecurity Masters in Ireland that offers an internship component in its final semester.
Griffith College Dublin
Griffith College Dublin is another leading college in Ireland that offers technical and business courses. It has an astounding student-lecturer ratio of 20:1. It has 4 campuses in Dublin, Limerick and Cork. Like the above, the college is assured of the Irish education quality by QQI.
How Can Sarem Education Help You?
As of now, Sarem Education has sent several students to top universities in Ireland for a Masters. We help Indian students with scholarships, fee waivers, free counselling on course selection, etc.
We can help you with the following:
- Offer personal, 1-on-1 sessions to choose from the best universities
- Help choose the most relevant course
- Offer 100% free visa counselling
- Provide you with a free Lyca sim
- Assist in writing highly convincing SOPs for top universities in Ireland for MS