MS in Business Analytics in Ireland | Top Universities, Jobs, Reviews, Eligibility
Let us cut to the chase. An MSc in Business Analytics in Ireland endows the following benefits:
1. Stay back for up to 2 years in Ireland.
2. A critical skill visa on graduation; the majority of critical skill visas are accorded to Indians.
3. An average salary of €40,000
4. Opportunity to enter Europe’s lucrative software industry. The software sector employs 12.7 million jobs in Europe.
5. In 2018, it was found that Irish companies faced a shortage in business analytics and data analytics labor. Relatively, top universities in Ireland face a 5-year lag in skilling students for the workforce. Unsurprisingly, 2019 ended with 12,000 job roles going vacant in Ireland’s ICT sector. The Silicon Republic issued a warning that these roles will go unfulfilled if companies do not manage foreign talent properly.
Between, you and me. I think you should be filling up these Business Analytics vacancies in Ireland.
Now, there are 6 universities and one college that offer a Masters in Business Analytics in Ireland.
Namely, they are;
Top six universities
1. Trinity College Dublin
2. University College Dublin
3. National University of Ireland Galway
4. University College Cork
5. National University of Ireland, Maynooth
6. University of Limerick
1. Dublin Business School
But before I tease you on the benefits and perks of pursuing a business analytics course in Ireland you should first decide whether an MSc in Business Analytics is the right option for you.
What is an MSc in Business Analytics?
So, this is what studying an MSc in Business Analytics will evolve you to do.
Pursuing a Business Analytics Masters in Ireland is that the syllabus can cater to both the tech-savvy and the managerial minds.
Is it worth it? Why Should I Pursue Masters In Business Analytics In Ireland?
Here are some stats to show you why you should pursue an MSc in Business Analytics in Ireland.
1. Ireland needs 17,000 business analytics professionals. (Source: Expert Group on Future Skills Needs in Ireland)
2. Average salary for a Business Analyst is €55614. Source: Indeed
3. You get a critical skill visa after graduating from your Masters.
4. Universities such as UCD have dedicated research centres where intelligent business systems are being developed.
5. Graduating from Ireland shall put among the top 1% of graduates of the world.
Can You Pursue A Masters Without Work Experience in Ireland?
Exciting News! Surprisingly, no university asks for work experience from students interested to pursue a Masters in Business Analytics.
If you have a primary degree with 2.1 honors (above 65% by Indian standards), then you are deemed eligible. Also, you’ll need an IELTS score above 6.5.
Top Universities for a MSc Business Analytics in Ireland
Ireland has some of the best universities in the world to pursue a Masters in Business Analytics for Indian students. 7 out of the top 10 universities in Ireland offer a business analytics program. None of the universities require work experience.
1. Trinity College Dublin | MSc Business Analytics | 92nd in the world for graduate employability | Fees €20,100
Trinity College Dublin is the most reputed university in Ireland. The brand itself offers an advantage over graduates from other colleges due to the stellar performances of alumni graduating from the university in the industry. It’s not surprising that the 500-year-old university ranks 32nd in the world for producing world-changing graduates.
TCD’s Business Analytics: Module Review
The program comprises 12 modules, that cover various facets of a business organization. TCD’s Business Analytics Masters enables you to analyze big data in marketing, finance, social media, business forecasting, etc.
The main advantage of pursuing a business analytics degree in Ireland, such as the one in Trinity College Dublin, is the exposure to business practices, science, and literature.
Eligibility to pursue a Business Analytics Masters at TCD
1. You should have passed or possibly passed your previous degree with 2.1 honors or 6.5.
2. Work Experience (extra preference may be given).
3. IELTS or a PTE score of more than 6.5 and 63 respectively.
2. University College Dublin | MSc Business Analytics | Employability 100% | Fees €19,900
UCD is where the super cool kids of Ireland study. Meaning, UCD is known for its posh crowd. The university is 167 years old and houses more than 15,000 students.
In 2016, UCD pumped 65 million euros to improve its business courses. The money saw fruit when UCD’s Business Analytics program was ranked as 13th best in the world in 2018. It has an employability rate of 100%. The course caters to 114 students who come from all over the world. This ensures you with exposure to novel business models, cutting management practices.
Masters in Business Analytics UCD: Module Review
UCD’s MSc Business Analytics comprises 12 modules. The course accepts students even from a non-technical background. You can see for yourself that the courses introduce students to the basics of business analytics, statistics, and programming. The 2nd semester is an interesting one.
The core modules introduce students to management concepts, consulting, and data mining. Optional modules such as business intelligence will teach you strategic decision-making and operational management based on big data.
Scholarships for a UCD Masters in Business Analytics
International students can apply for a scholarship to study this program by applying for the Derek O’Connor scholarship. Eligible students can get benefits of up to €13,995.
- Eligible Countries: Besides the employees of UCD and Next Generation Recruitment, international and Irish candidates are eligible
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can apply for an MSc in Business Analytics degree program at UCD.
- Admissible Criteria: An applicant must be available to commence the full or part-time degree program in early September 2021.
Eligibility for the program
- A IELTS or TOEFL score of more than 7 or 100 respectively.
- A primary degree with more than 2.1 honors.
- A student visa. Contact us to guide you through your Ireland student visa process.
3. University College Cork | MSc Business Information and Analytics | 93% employability | Fees €18,130
UCC boasts an awesome employability rate of over 90%. UCC believes that its graduates are inculcated with attributes such as digital literacy, social responsibility, social justice, independence, self-reliance, creative thinking, and effective knowledge communication. If you choose to pursue a Masters in Business Analytics in Ireland from UCC, then
UCC’s Business Analytics: Module Review
The 10 modules in UCC’s Business Analytics Masters enable you with these two concepts; business analytics and information systems.
The former shall inculcate perspectives on mining data, storing and analyzing them. The latter shall inculcate skills in managing information systems and project management, helping you develop the necessary IT skills from a predominantly non-technical background.
Eligibility for the course
You are eligible for the course if you nod yes to the following:
1. Do you have 2.1 honors in your previous degree?
2. Have you scored more than 6.5 in your IELTS?
4. Maynooth University | MSc Business Analytics | 88% employability in 2015 | Fees €15,000
Choosing to study a Masters’s in Business Analytics in Ireland can be tough. However, there are some factors that you can use to ease your decision.
- Look for universities with high research output in analytics.
- Check if the university staff is equipped with a Ph.D.
- Ensure there are funding opportunities so that you can park in a Ph.D. program in the university.
If you are lazy to research all this, then simply choose Maynooth!
The buildings in Maynooth University are Harry Potter-esque. The huge castle-shaped buildings house stellar, profound research in data analytics, computing, AI, etc. Maynooth is also one of the 5 SFI research centers in Ireland. Recently, the university won a €193 million grant to pioneer research in food, sociology, AI, computing, etc.
Maynooth University’s MSc in Business Analytics program has a syllabus like Trinity’s. There are 8 modules.
MSc Business Analytics: Module Review
The 1st semester lays down the fundamentals of business analytics. You also get courses to emulate workplace experience. The 2nd semester improves your understanding of the various applications analytics has in businesses. The Analytics Live module introduces you to real-world analytics projects.
- Applicants must have a 2.2 honors degree and above; 55% and above in Indian standards. The applicant must have a strong mathematical background.
- IELTS scores more than 6.5.
5. National University of Ireland, Galway | MSc in Business Analytics | 98% Employability | €18,000
Did you know that NUIG developed its own business analytics software called DANte? Earlier Microsoft PowerBI was used to support strategic decision-making. Now DANte has replaced the tool for better tabular and attractive visual reporting. Do you want to be part of such a strong academic community? Do you want to study business analytics in such a self-sustaining university?
NUIG is one of Ireland’s oldest universities. It ranks 238 in the world and ranks among the top 300 universities in the world for computer science subjects.
Masters in Business Analytics NUIG: Module Review
To get an MSc in Business Analytics in Ireland at NUIG would require you to pass 12 modules. The course here is a bit advanced. The university claims the program to explicitly focus on placing graduates in the 17,000 strong demand for business analytics professionals.
The program also aligns with Ireland’s National Skills Strategy 2025. It focuses on providing opportunities relevant to the needs of learners, society, and the economy.
Scholarship for Business Analytics
NUI Galway is offering two merit Scholarships for the MSc in Business Analytics commencing September 2021; one scholarship up to the value of 50% of the EU tuition fees and one scholarship up to the value of 50% of the non-EU tuition fees.
- A degree graduated with 2.1 honors.
- IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
- Strong mathematical background
6. University of Limerick | MSc Business Analytics | No.1 in Graduate Employability in Ireland | Fees €14,934
The University of Limerick offers a business analytics masters in Ireland for business graduates and professionals. The course is designed to accommodate students and professionals with a non-technical background and inculcate skills in:
- Database Management
- Machine Learning
- Project Management & Leadership
- Data Visualisation
- A primary degree with a 2nd class honours (over 55% by Indian standards)
- An IELTS score with over 6.5 or a TOEFL score 90
1. Is a Masters in Business Analytics a STEM course?
A Masters in Business Analytics falls under ICT according to Ireland’s Ministry of Labour. Graduating from the course can accord you with a critical skills visa.
2. Which is the best university for business analytics in Ireland?
All the 6 universities in Ireland that offer a Masters in Business Analytics are ranked among the top 2% of universities in the world.
3. What is the cost of pursuing a Masters in Business Analytics in Ireland?
How Can Sarem Education Help You?
As a Study in Ireland consultant, Sarem Education has sent several students to top universities in Ireland for a Masters. We help Indian students with scholarships, fee waivers, free counselling on course selection, etc.
We can help you with the following:
1. Offer personal, 1-on-1 sessions to choose from the best universities
2. Help choose the most relevant course
3. Offer 100% free visa counselling
4. Provide you with a free Lyca sim
5. Assist in writing highly convincing SOPs for top universities in Ireland for MS & MBA